ASIA GATKA FEDERATION
Prof. (Dr.) S.P. Singh Oberoi, President Asia Gatka Federation & Finance Secretary world Gatka Federation as Chief Guest in 5th Gatka Championship & Archery Competition in Chingwell, Essex, UK
Promoting Gatka – The Martial Arts
Dr. S.P. Singh Oberoi, Managing Trustee, Sarbat Da Bhala Charitable Trust, as a President of Asia Gatka Federation has pledged to promote Gatka as a game at the International Olympics Level.
Under his patronage
- New Chapters of Asian Gatka Federation opened in Bangkok, USA, Canada, Italy. Australia and many other countries.
- The Trust has also established Nepal Gatka Federation, Kathmandu. Locals are taking keen interest in it.
- Organized two days Training Camp for referees and trainees of various Gatka Academies of India on August 2, 2014, in which 180 campers participated.
- Succeeded in including two Gatka chapters in textbooks of Punjab School Education Board.
- A Rule Book of Gatka has also been published by the Trust through Punjabi University, Patiala.
- The Trust is sponsoring Students pursuing Diploma course in Gatka Training in various Universities & colleges viz. Punjabi University Patiala, Panjab University Chandigarh, Khalsa College Amritsar and Baba Bhag Singh University.
- Running Sarbat Da Bhala Gatka Academy Patiala, Chardikala Welfare Gatka Academy Humbran and sponsoring Mai Bhago Group, Onkar Gatka Group.
- Gatka Tournaments at Distt. Level, State Level & Inter-University are held in India.
- International Gatka Competitions are also organized in London (U.K.), British Columbia, Toronto (Canada), New Jersey, New York, Seattle, Chicago & other state of U.S.A. In addition to various other countries of Europe.
- Gatka students of Khalsa College Amritsar, Punjabi University Patiala, Sri Guru Granth Sahib University Fatehgarh Sahib are adopted by the Trust.